Sculpture by BeeBee Eckols
*NFS=Not For Sale
*POR=Price on Request
When I first have an idea of something I want to sculpt, my fingers literally tingle, and the hours pass like minutes as I translate what I see in my mind into the clay. Whether I’m sculpting wildlife or humans, I especially enjoy finding the expression and movement that brings a piece to life. I love sculpting with a passion and have worked on wildlife, children, fantasy and fountain pieces.
My first teacher, Pern Smalley, encouraged me to attend the American Art Academy (Ecole’ de Beaux-Arts) in Paris, France. While studying at the Academy, I met renowned Swedish sculptor Gudmar Olovson who became my mentor, and I will be forever indebted to him for helping me understand the beauty of sculpting and how to put not only my heart and mind, but also my soul into every piece I create.
- Dougherty Arts Center - Austin, Texas
- Elisabet Ney Museum - Austin, Texas
- Sculptfest 2002 and 2004, Umlauf Sculpture Garden- Austin, Texas
- Preserve at Walnut Springs Sculpture Exhibit (invited)- Johnson City, Texas
- Sculptors’ Dominion (invitational) - San Antonio, Texas
- Member of Texas Society of Sculptors
Tel. (512) 858-4988